Search

3 Proven Ways to Cure A Painful Hangover

Updated: May 30, 2021



If you are the type of person who counts down the minutes until happy hour starts, you are not alone. The hustle and bustle of everyday life can sometimes become overwhelming or mundane. Going to get drinks with friends can be the rejuvenating experience you so desperately need! Keep in mind that when you end up drinking more than you anticipate, you can suffer from a painful hangover the next day. Symptoms of hangovers include nausea, headaches, dizziness, fatigue, thirst, sweating, irritability, and stomach pain. If you tend to deal with hangovers frequently after a night of drinking, it’s a good idea to find some remedies that will mitigate the symptoms.


Continue reading to learn more about 3 proven ways to cure a pesky hangover.


Consume A Hearty Meal


After a long night of drinking, your body works to metabolize the alcohol you consumed. During consumption, your drink enters the stomach, but only approximately 20% of the alcohol is absorbed. The remaining 80% of alcohol is absorbed through the small intestine. Alcohol is then metabolized by the liver, where enzymes break it down. Generally, your liver can process one standard drink in one hour. If you consume more than one drink per hour, your system can become saturated, resulting in high blood alcohol concentrations that last for hours. This is why sometimes you can sometimes wake up still feeling drunk.



When you feel the symptoms of a hangover, you should fuel your body with healthy carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Carbohydrates are typically bland which can be beneficial for relieving nausea without triggering digestive troubles. They can also help keep your blood sugar levels regulated. Drinking alcohol inhibits blood sugar regulation, so it’s critical that you nourish your body with some healthy complex carbs and proteins to cure that hangover. Eggs are rich in cysteine, an amino acid that your body uses to produce the antioxidant glutathione. Drinking alcohol decreases the body's stores of glutathione. Without it, your body has a hard time breaking down the toxic byproducts of alcohol metabolism.


Use A Pain Reliever


An over-the-counter pain reliever is probably the most common go-to cure for a dreadful hangover. NSAID’s include ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), and naproxen (Aleve). It’s important to note that acetaminophen (Tylenol) is not an anti-inflammatory, so it will not alleviate headaches or muscle pains. Tylenol can actually contribute to the toxic effects on the liver if alcohol is still lingering in your system. By taking an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen, you can reduce the duration and severity of your hangover.



Try Cure N Go 100% Herbal Hangover Rehydration Drink


Sometimes all you need is a little TLC, and some natural herbs to kick your body back into gear. Here at Cure N Go, we want to give power to party people so they can not only enjoy their night out, but also have a productive morning the next day! If you want to boost your hydration levels, improve focus and mental clarity, reduce stress and anxiety, and promote and protect liver function, try our 100% Herbal Hangover Rehydration Drink.


Formulated with clinically proven ingredients to speed up alcohol metabolism, our enzyme drink contains 17 natural herbs and 9 fruit extracts with no artificial flavoring or sugar. We suggest that you consume this formula after you have finished drinking before you go to bed to wake up hangover-free! We combined ancient techniques with modern technology to bring you the Quick Fix to a Long Night, and even longer morning! Save yourself the trouble, and wake up feeling refreshed and revitalized so you can take on your day with maximum productivity.


Shop our Cure N Go Hangover collection now!


26 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All